Saturday, December 9, 2006

The Meme who was Thursday (from Curt Jester!)

A "meme" (whatever that means) on one of my many favorite subjects - G. K. Chesterton!

1. When did you first read a Chesterton book, story, or poem, and which was it?


"The Everlasting Man" I read on a trip about two years ago. I still laugh at his ruminations and cave life, cave art, and the cave-relations of the sexes.

2. What was the most recent of GKC's writings you read?


Heretics.

3. Which is your favorite book, poem - or quote?


I will be honest. It's The Great Jelly-fish Triolet.

4. Which would you recommend to a beginner?

I would say to start with "The Defendant" or "The Innocence of Father Brown." Alternatively, read "Greybeards at Play."

5. What is the most unusual fact or quirky detail you know about G.K.
Chesterton?

Well, in his Autobiography he tells how he had to turn down an American firm's offer to photograph him with "The Twenty-Four Bathing Beauties." Chesterton compared this hypothetical scene to Levithan with the Nereids. What a Nereid is you will have to figure out.

SEARCH ME, I DUNNO!

Google
WWW http://est-puzzlementem.blogspot.com
Powered By Blogger